The Hawiflex® function sheet – two sides of functionality
Hawiflex® with functional layer (separation layer / insulation layer) is a system consisting of two materials in which the front and rear side fulfil two different functions.
The wear-resistant front consists of our material Hawiflex®, which has been successfully used on the market for many years.
The back of the Hawiflex® function sheet is furnished with a special layer which is suitable for adhering to machine components and systems subject to high levels of wear.
Simply glued – simply renewed
The separation layer provides a perfect bond between the component and the Hawiflex® system.
A further advantage is the predetermined breaking point defined in this layer, which makes the subsequent removal of the old covering easy.
Due to the predetermined breaking point a thin residual covering of the separation layer remains on the component (substrate), to which a new Hawiflex® function sheet can be immediately adhered without any complicated processing of the subsurface.
- highly wear-resistant
- single substrate treatment (cleaning, blasting, degreasing, drying)
- simple assembly through gluing with contact adhesive
- adapts readily to modular lining systems for large surfaces (diamond, rhombus, honeycomb)
- simple detachment due to the separation layer
- cost savings
- reduced environmental pollution
- sound insulation and attenuation due to the thicker separation layer
- various laying technique possible